Baby V Turns 8 Months Old
Today marks the completion of eight months of mummyhood and Baby V seems more like a boy and less of a baby by the day. I feel a great sense of achievement having gone through eight months of roller-coaster journey with this precious little man:
– waiting anxiously for the first drops of breastmilk in the early days;
– coaxing him to take naps in the third month;
– overcoming his 1 to 2-hourly night awakenings for the past four months;
– battling teething discomforts on the day he turned four months and feeling all excited when four teeth finally erupted;
– witnessing his first rollover just before turning five months;
– watching in amazement how fast he chomps down solid foods at six and a half months;
– cheering his rapid crawls at seven months;
– following him closely as he pulls himself to stand this week and keeps practising with determination at every opportunity.
If this were a report card, I would give this baby straight A’s EXCEPT for the subject on Sleep. I am looking forward to him sleeping through the night (i.e. five straight hours).
The first year of a baby’s life marks so many amazing developmental milestones and I feel blessed to be with Baby V through all the ups and downs.
He is the inspiration behind Mummy’s Reviews, which I dedicate to every parent.
P.S. View more developmental milestones (from 8 months old onwards).
P.P.S. Our latest homeschooling updates are posted at MummysHomeschool.com HERE,