Review: Knickernappies 2G Pocket Diapers
This is a follow-up of a previous article on my diaper hunt for larger pocket diapers that fit chubby-thighed Baby V. After trying out one Knickernappies 2G Pocket Diaper (Large) (listed price: S$26.50) on Baby V over the past month, I love it so much that I have bought five more from Whoopeekiddies during a recent sale.
It is very trim when used with LoopyDo 2G inserts and pants fit nicely over it — perfect for outings. Since it is a sized diaper, there are less snaps settings to figure out compared to a one-size diaper. Baby V is using only the second snaps in each row, so I am pleased that there is ample room for growth. Although the rise is a little high for him now, he will grow taller and this would not matter soon. I like the large coverage provided by the wide crotch and front elastics that prevent leakage when Baby V is on his tummy.
The inner fleece layer feels damp during diaper changes, so whether you like it depends on if your baby is particular about dampness. Personally, I find that dampness aids potty-training progress.
Being a side-snapping diaper, Knickernappies 2G offers these benefits:
- Independent adjustment of the waist and thigh settings, which is exactly what Baby V needs
- Diaper can be pulled up and down to be used as training pants later on, which saves money on getting cloth training pants, especially important since Baby V is already in the pre-potty training stage. (Update: Since he is very chubby, it is easy to pull the diaper now but hard to pull it up.)
- Easy to put onto a super-active baby, even if he is standing (Just need to remember the settings, snap four times and the child is free to go.)
I am looking forward to pre-washing and using all the new diapers!
What we like about them:
- Very trim (especially when used with LoopyDo 2G inserts) — great for outings and under pants
- Gentle elastics that prevent red marks
- Front elastics that prevent leakage when baby is on his tummy
- Wide crotch provides large coverage
What can be improved:
- Slightly stronger elastics at the thighs (I am not sure if the current ones can hold in explosive breastfed-baby’s poo.)
- Introduce cute prints
Get Your Own
I bought our Knickernappies 2G Pocket Diapers from BabeHause.com (Singapore / Malaysia) and Whoopeekiddies.com (Singapore).
You may also check the price at Amazon.com here: Knickernappies Custom Fit Pocket Diapers*
Knickernappies is also now available in One-Size: Knickernappies One Size Pocket Diaper with Microfiber Inserts*
*: affiliate link to support the growth and maintenance of Mummy’s Reviews™