Vee Turns 11 Months Old
Vee is only one month away from his first birthday and I am pretty excited about it. He has been a darling this month and such a joy to have around every day.
His mini achievements:
- He has picked up quite a number of new hand signs:
– initially I thought he was doing the ‘milk’ sign with both hands; then it appeared that he was signing for the song “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”!- finally learnt how to clap his hands! He does this when we sing “If you’re happy and you know…” and when he is excited
– managed the “Gong Xi Gong Xi” (恭喜恭喜）sign, just in time for Lunar New Year next month. It was hilarious the way he had to clap his hands, in order to grasp his own hands, then bob his fists up and down for the sign.
- He woke up one morning while I pretended to be asleep. Then he crawled right up to my face and said “Ma-ma”, my eyes opened big with surprise STRAIGHTAWAY!
- When he fusses at night, I pretend to be asleep for a while more. On several occasions, he changed positions, sometimes crawling across me, then fell asleep on my tummy / thighs / chest / pillow ON HIS OWN! Without nursing! Gosh, I am soooooo… glad whenever this happens.
How did you or how do you plan to celebrate your kid’s FIRST birthday? Any special traditions in your family?
P.S. View more developmental milestones (from 8 months old onwards).
P.P.S. Our latest homeschooling updates are posted at MummysHomeschool.com HERE,