In order to get some white noise for Baby V to help him sleep, I bought the Sound Oasis Sleep Bear from The Baby Loft. It was at a discounted price of RM275 (from RM299). It is priced at quite a high premium compared to US$49.99 stated on the Sleep Bear’s website.
Update on 31 May 2010:
Now that Vee is 15 months old, he sleeps with the Sleep Bear (without the sound box) beside him. Although he has yet to use it as a lovey, singing and patting the bear to sleep is part of our sleep routine, which helps to tune him down.
- Great sound quality — loud and clear
- Time settings available — 30, 60, 90 minutes or continuous play. In the last 10 minutes, the sound gradually gets softer.
- Portable white noise — we bring the bear out for Baby V’s naps on the go.
- Easy to clean — machine washable
- High maintenance — drains 4 AA Energizer alkaline batteries in a week (played about 16 hours daily). More suitable as white noise on the go, not to be used for every time baby sleeps.
- Velcro straps gives out loud noise when open, may wake baby up if meddling with the sound box during sleep-time. We use the sound box outside the bear at home.